If you’ve ever focused on nutrition, you know how hard it is to stick to your eating plan while also being social. We also know that being social can be one of the most fun parts of life – so how do we balance?
One of my biggest obstacles is maintaining a social life while also keeping up with my nutrition. My solution? Bring something to the party that I know I will want to eat and that also fits my nutrition plan.
You don’t want to be stranded at a SUPER fun party surrounded by foods you know you can’t or shouldn’t eat!
This recipe is one of my favorite paleo-friendly party snacks: Paleo Jalapeño Poppers! I snagged this recipe from Paleo Leap but you could make any number of variations, all of which will likely be delicious.
- 10 jalapeño peppers, sliced in half and seeded
- 10 bacon slices, cut in half
- 10 mini sausages or full sausages sliced in 10 pieces
- 1 bag almond cheese (optional)
- 1tsp chili powder
- Preheat your oven to 425 F.
- If using almond cheese, mix it with the chili powder in a bowl.
- Fill each jalapeño with the almond cheese.
- Place a sausage on top of each.
- Wrap each popper with half a bacon slice and secure with a toothpick if needed.
- Place on a baking sheet and bake for 20 minutes.
Jalapeños too hot for you? These can also be made with green bell peppers for a less spicy, but still flavorful combination. Enjoy!