As a busy college student, I eat this almost every morning.
College students don’t always have the healthiest eating habits… and a lot of time skip breakfast because they’re rushing to get to class, a study session, or something similar.
This recipe for protein oatmeal is fast, easy, & cheap. AND it’s tasty & healthy!
The next time you’re running late, try this recipe – I think you’ll love it!
– Old Fashioned Oats
– Frozen Berries
– Protein Powder of your choice
– Chia or Flax seeds (or both)
– Stevia/Sugar in the Raw/Honey/Maple Syrup (optional, just a little to sweeten)
– Cinnamon (optional, but I LOVE it)
– Nut Butter of your choice (optional, but definitely takes it to the next level!)
– Optional Toppings: nuts, coconut shavings, fruit slices, cacao nibs, raisins, etc. (the possibilities are endless)
Cook oats on the stove according to package directions.
After a couple minutes, add the frozen berries.
Stir in a scoop of protein powder (you can add this to the pot while on the stove, or you can have the protein powder in a bowl & then transfer the oats & berries to the bowl & then mix).
Top it off with chia/flax seeds.
Add in the optional ingredients if you choose, and enjoy!
Photo credit: veggieinspired.com